Thursday 1 September 2016

PDP Legal Adviser Felicitates Law Faculty at 30


Barr Umoh 
The Legal Adviser of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP in Akwa Ibom State, Barr Godwill Umoh has congratulated the Faculty of Law, University of Uyo for clocking 30 years today.

Barr Umoh who is also a Senior Lecturer from the Law faculty in an exclusive chat with The Mail Newspaper noted that as one of the founding lecturers of the faculty, he is not only delighted to see the faculty sustained to the level of clocking 30 years but he is happy because of the calibre of graduates the faculty sends out to serve the society.

He added " I and the University of Uyo Vice Chancellor are the oldest serving lecturer in the faculty of Law. Today, the faculty is 30 years and I am 30 years too in that faculty. For 20 years I have served as Head of Department and many occasions as the Acting Dean of that faculty. So I am very happy".
"When you go to any court in Akwa Ibom, out of every 10 lawyers, 8 were my students. I am very happy and it makes me proud", Umoh said.
The University Don charged students of the faculty to exert themselves in the acquisition of necessary knowledge about their discipline so that they can remain good ambassadors of the faculty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

youtube